We are delighted to announce that Hilton Watson, a long serving professional here at RPC., has become a Shareholder and Director of RPC Land Surveyors, one of New Zealand’s most highly regarded Survey teams.
Rather than simply publishing a standard Biography, we thought it would be cool to allow Hilton, one of our most talented professionals, to describe himself, his career and his life. Enjoy what follows and the reflection of Hilton’s personality:
As Hilton said “As for the bio, here goes; it’s so much more than a bloke with a theodolite:
- 45 years old, the son of a builder I’ve grown up on building sites
- I decided that at 30 I didn’t like doing what I was doing and I needed to change my career; I wanted to wake up every morning and want to go to work. Surveying had always appealed to me for the indoor/outdoor work balance so I took a gamble and went back to school to re-educate myself.
- I have become a shareholder in the company along with the other 4 directors. Proud & privileged.
- I’ve worked with RPC for the last 7 years full time since University and have become a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor, prior to that.
- While obtaining my National Diploma in Surveying at UNITEC & Survey Degree I worked for RPC part time
- Proficient in all aspects of Land Surveying (Topographical Surveys, Set-outs, As-builts, Land Transfer Surveys, Construction Supervision), Civil Engineering Drainage and Earthworks Design, Resource Consent Applications, Project Management, Client Relationships
- I want to assist my clients to achieve their development goals
- I want to grow the Auckland office and work from the foundation Andre has achieved so far
- A member of the New Zealand Institute of Surveyors (NZIS) and Consulting Surveyors New Zealand (CSNZ)
- Born and bred Aucklander and have always lived out East
- Have a partner (Emma) and a cat (Sok’s: she came with Emma)
- Play rugby & touch rugby, boxing for fitness, have recently discovered lawn bowls, go fishing when I can (still looking for that elusive 20Lb Snapper and hooking a Marlin)
- Enjoy nothing better than a BBQ with my mates chilling by the pool having a couple of cold beers, shooting the breeze with my teammates after the game with a beer, going to the pub for a quiet beer with my mates
- I’ve travelled parts of the world a bit, but still have heaps of other places I want to investigate
- I’m an active member of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffalos (RAOB) a philanthropic organisation that raises money for the local community
- I am often told I have a strong rapport with clients and a very personable approach
- I think I’m a pretty relaxed humble sort of a bloke who just wants to be successful and help his clients out without too much fan-fare
Today, we continue to work with a wide range of clients, from individuals to corporations, with widely differing needs. Our commitment continues to be to bring knowledge, expertise and perspective to help our clients ensure that their wider land development objectives are effectively met.